Friday, May 28, 2010

The Lady Who Will Have a Story to Tell.

alksdjfa,sjdhf

K now we can start!

With Burning Man three months away and AZ and Vegas on the horizon, I can't help but be spastic lately! I can't believe I'm finally doing it! And not only that, I'll be driving a new car (I'm determined to finally get one now. Finally.) and I'll be fortunate enough to see both my brothers in AZ while I'm there. I am thoroughly STOKED. More importantly, I'll be traveling and venturing off to a new chapter in my life with complete uncertainty of how it unfolds once I get there. Oh the thrill of a 24-year-old.

The other day, my sister sat me down and asked me, "What do you have to show for yourself in the last five years?" At first, I felt defensive asking her if she wants me to show her a piece of paper or a nice corporate job. If that was the case, I don't have anything to show for her. And she then said, "I know you have traveled and met many people along the way and you party at the best places but what else?" ... hah I laugh. WHAT ELSE. Well sissy, not only did I just travel and see things and meet people, I heard stories no one else can say they've done, I found out who I was in several ways, I learned how to be patient and appreciate the earth for what it's worth other than man-made things and lifestyles. I've learned how to open and simply LOVE in the purest way. I've encountered life-long connections with people from all over the world. I've learned how to use my mind to be creative and start creating a trademark for myself. More importantly, I've lived like there was no tomorrow. Do you ever ask yourself that question: have you lived to your very fullest, like there was no possible way of seeing the dawn tomorrow brings? Well, I do every.. single... day. Granted I could have pushed myself to get my degree already or creeped my way up to a decent job at this point, but I'm happy with what I am, where I am right now.

Anyway, last night with Taylor was remarkable. We sat around all afternoon making beaded hemp chokers and bracelets while watching Henry & June for the third time this week and drinking red wine and Thai food with good conversation. Then we found it in ourselves to go dancing later. We danced and danced until we had no breath. ANY THEN, my other favorite friend Dylan came to meet up and take us around the city until we sobered up enough to drive home, where all of us ended up having a big cuddle puddle. It was glorious. Even though I'm about to see my favorite DJ of all time tonight, I'm not quite sure Armin can top of what yesterday meant to me, but it's too early to tell. We'll see.

Time to get ready on one of the final nights I will spend in Seattle for a while. Cheers!

No comments: