Friday, January 12, 2007

Today I took a step back

Sometimes the world seems like a monster. The world consumes you of your individualism, and everyday lives are merely a puppet show of what youre SUPPOSED to do. People walk to where they are SUPPOSED to go, wear what they are SUPPOSED to wear, act how they are SUPPOSED to act to creat an accepting images of themselves. People get caught up in these so-called lives to make ends meet and live how they WANT to live. Sometimes I feel like there is no way out of this puppet show that I'm living right now. I'm living this supposed life to hopefully get a break in the end. I'm not by ANY means where I want to be in at this time in my life, then again I know I am young and I have time to grow. But still, that doesn't seem solid enough. My future is so uncertain to me that it scares me just thinking about it. I want to find a path, or even a base of something that can take me to the top eventually. I want to find it now so I can learn and grow from it. I just don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time. I feel stupid staying at this spot in my life when I know I can do better. I see it happen to people all the time. They finally win the lottery, or they finally meet someone that changed their life for the better, or they finally got a raise and moved up in the company, or they finally got a big pay back from all the shit they have gone through. I want to have something come my way like it has for some of the people around me. I just know I'm better than this.

I know I'm cut out for something in this world. I want to feel needed... belonged. I want to look back at my life and know without question that I made the right decisions in my life and I conquered my destiny..

I must start doing something to put myself out there. I need to find a new job, start working out more, party less, and open my eyes to all the opportunity out there. And it all starts... today!

good morning world.

1 comment:

hale-EEE said...

you know what gets to me? people who have it all already and take advantage of it. sometimes i get so angry at life because everyone around me is getting breaks and i am stuck in a rut that i can never get out of. i use to not pay attention to how people around me influence my life. now i make a conscious effort to surround myself with people who have drive and ambition. people who are going places make you want to step up your game too.