Thursday, April 29, 2004

Alright well things just haven't been going my way lately.... at all. First of all, I got caught on Monday for smoking from my step mom. She was appalled to even think that I did that kind of stuff... oops. I know it may mean nothing now, but I really have to stop smoking that stuff... except for on special occasions.

Anyway, I guess that incident brought on her fierce words that she spit on me tonight. After having a calm conversation about where I'm at as far as school goes and making the right decisions, I go downstairs and keep my peace. However, my sister brings the drama as my parents get more upset. My step mom comes downstairs and starts off by saying to me, "you know what? I have a great idea. Why don't you and your sister both just move out and live with your step dad. That will make everything better ... but since you won't do that anyway, I'm leaving." She goes on by saying that this past year has been hell for her and she thinks I might have a mental problem because I drink and sometimes smoke. Oh and I lied to her, well didn't tell her the whole truth one night and she uses it against me. She even told me that she's not paying for any of my college so I mind as well go to BCC. I mean I might have considered that if I didn't go through the whole college application process! Then she goes on by saying, "And I've tried my best being a mother and giving you clothes, but you just disrespect me anyway...." blah blah... Not ONCE have I done a mother-daughter type of thing with her, unless you count visiting WWU. But it's been almost a year and a half and I've had a relationship with her where she just enforces her rules and I end up getting more of her yelling and bitching at me. I've tried to play her game, but I can see that she tries to control me, my sister, even my dad WAY too much. I've heard too many nasty words from her to be able to love her anymore. I don't feel anything from her right now except for her bringing my life down and miserable. I wish I could say something nice about her but she really doesn't deserve it, she isn't even my mother to begin with.

Then my dad... poor thing I truly care for him because I know that he really just wants to make things work out. He gets frustrated at me sometimes over simple things like rolling my eyes or having an "attitude," but he's always sympathetic when I need him most. After I told my dad that my step mom caught me coming home high, he just started laughing and took the situation lightly. Now, I can see he took some of Heather's words in and is coming down on it. But, besides all of that, he gives me rides whenever I need them almost every time, he supplies me with money and a cell phone. He's always wanting to go to a movie with me so I know that he's trying to be the real parent. That's why I respect him and love him.

Ahhh ... My life just feels like a wreck right now. I am so lost on what exactly I'm going to do in a few months. It just feels like I need to do so many things and then I get the stress from my parents, as well as school and water polo. I have to complete and turn in the rest of my community service hours, I need to get a job soon and start making my own money, I have AP tests coming up next week, along with school that's kickin my ass right now. I just feel lost and a bit unloved right now. My sister is pissed at me for some stupid reason and my step mom hates me right now so I guess I've just gotten piled up with all this shit and I need to start emptying it all out.

The only thing that's really been helping me get through a lot of this shit is water polo. I'm beginning to love this sport and become a really good player. I guess it's sort of therapeutic for me because I'm able to let my frustration and anger out and learn how to deal with it by swimming and staying in shape. We just had a game today, and my cute swim coach broke his watch because he was so excited from the shot I made in the goal. I was pretty happy about that. I guess water polo just helps me forget about all my worries and things that have been bringing me down to be a better player in the pool.

I guess writing in here helps me out a lot too. So does sleeping....... better get my sleep in for the night.

~BB

No comments: