Wednesday, February 11, 2004

SOO much to say today I don't know where to start! Well, I guess I could start off with my morning. So I guess my dad took me to school again this morning which didn't go too well. He started flipping out over something stupid and it made everything else that he's pissed off at me about relevant. I wanted the car ride to be peaceful, and merely just get to school, but he seemed very tense and was looking for anything he could deprive me from. It hurt to hear what he said and I couldn't help myself from crying because of his strong feelings. So I guess my morning didn't go too smooth for me. But everything everything else that went on in my day seemed to only get better from what it was. I actually enjoyed my classes today for once, even though I get stuck with the homework. But after school, I go online, something I can't help myself from doing every day, and I read my friend, katie's blog. I was so lightened that she was inspired from what I've said so far in these blogs. I realize that people are all human and are looking for the same things in this world for the most part, for example, food, warmth, shelter, fitting in, money, love, being loved etc etc. Throughout all the drama, including backstabbing, gossips, judging, and making fun, everyone is human. We've all came from the same place living here on the same earth. I know its obvious but some people seem to forget that and end up hurting people or feel more superior than others. It's sad that the world has come to be this way but I've learned to accept that because I can't change people. I even find myself having these feelings and I know that I need to give everyone a chance, no matter if you're the loser, dork, shorter than me (HA), retarded, gay, new to the school or anything that makes you different or unique from the "norm."

So anyway, hearing what my good friend had to say in her blog literally made my day! Another event that got me to feel better about myself and my day was going to the dentist. It was just like any other dentist appointment I've had, but the people working there really made a difference this time on my visit. As everyone working there knows my large family, they always have something to say while I come for my visit. For instance, the dentist cleaning my teeth was complimenting me and I guess it just made me feel soo good. Sometimes people just need a jumpstart to get them to feel good about themselves.

Later tonight I got a surprising call from my Aunt Leslee, who I haven't been talking to as much as I should. But it was great talking to her about all my problems, and not having to hide anything from her just because she's an adult, because I know that she's felt the same way as I have at one time in her life. It's nice being able to have someone to talk to and always be there for you no matter what. That definitely made my night. To top it off, I got a call from one of my all time favorites, my bud Christine. It just felt like it was a sign that I do have people that are there for me and care.

Looking back at this morning, I know that my dad was very upset at me, which got me to be very upset with him, but I'm looking past that now, realizing that it doesn't matter in the big picture anyway.

Wow a lot of talking today and not so much homework! But I would rather get bad grades and be happy, rather than getting good grades and being unhappy. Until next time, I hope you all have a great night!

~The Big Bird

No comments: