Thursday, February 12, 2004

Today was a pretty chill day. Tests, homework, cramming, debate, and a little skip was what my school day consisted of. After school, the weather was surprisingly nice out and I couldn't resist my eagerness to go out there, so I decided to do so by going on a jog. I love going on jogs because it gives me time to think about things going on in my life and look past that with a good feeling of satisfaction. After that, I showered up and went SHOPPING for once! Even though I didn't get anything, it was nice helping my friend out finding stuff. Usually, when I go shopping, I like to go by myself just because if I know what I want, I'll end up spending a long time in a store, and it feels like I'm dragging the people who are shopping with me around everywhere. I do love having second thoughts on clothes though.

After all that fun stuff, my brother from NY tells me to download this thing called "skype," found at skype.com, where you can literally talk to people on your computer by downloading it for free. It works worldwide, so if you use up minutes talking to your friends and whatnot, if you both have computers, I strongly encourage to download it! It's like having a talking computer! My SN on there is birdizzle420 if you ever end up trying it out!

Anyway, last night as I said, I was talking to my aunt Leslee from MN and we had a good conversation about moving in general. She moved when she was a junior to a whole new school in a different state. I feel I can relate to her strongly in that way because she can understand anything that I'm going through that has changed for me since my move. She sent me a poem she wrote after she moved to her new high school and I thought it would be crazy if she could track it down and send it to me so she did:

Alone As One

It's hard you know,
to leave your home
And wind up where,
you're all alone.

Where people hate you
because you're new,
And friends are scattered
very few.

But there are some friends
who really care,
They may be few,
but always there.

So I guess I'll stay here,
for awhile,
And maybe in,
a little while

People will like us,
some
And we won't be,
alone as one.

I thought this was pretty cool so I had to mention it!

Anyway, its almost 11:30 and I still have homework to do! Thank god tomorrow is Friday and I won't have to go back to school for another week after that ... It's going to be soo nice! Have a good night my fellow readers.

~MB

No comments: